Re: Aus Schweden

Beitrag von Ola Ahlström »

Lynx painted...

Bild

/Ola
Ola Ahlström

A brand new kit from Pansarfabriken, althou this is a pre-run model I have recieved from Pansarfabriken to test.

Bild

This is a Sav m/43 serie II, on of 18 delivered nov 1946 - june 1947. Another 18 Sav m/43 serie I was already delivered nov 1944 - jan 1945.

First the Sav was used in a "Stormdivision" (the Swedish name for an artilley unit, 599 men and 6 Sav Sav m/43 + trucks and guns). In the fiftieh the 36 Sav was used in infantry units as support unit in six infantry brigades, the other infantry brigades had to reley to tractor towed 10,5 cm guns. Finally used in "Stormkanonkompanier" (6 Sav m/43 in each company, two platoons). Last time in service was in a exercise (KFÖ) with a mobilezed war unit, one company, in 1968. In 1970 all Sav m/43 was replaced by Strv m/74.

The Sav m/43 was first equipped with a 7,5 cm pansarvärnskanon m/44 but was soon replaced with a Bofors 10,5 cm gun m/44 (range 10 000 meters).

/Ola
Ola Ahlström

Some pictures of the assembled SAV;

Bild

Bild

Bild

Next time, painted.

/Ola
Heinz Peters

Beitrag von Heinz Peters »

Really, a great model, Ola!
Especially the rivets seem to me being in the right scale! This is rather rare in our scale.
I'm looking forward to the finished model.
I like the Lynx model, too.

I have a recommendation for your companions who produce the models: The armoured Landsverk Unimog. It was a prototype for the German Bundeswehr (BW) but it wasn't chosen. So Mercedes Benz sold the license to Landsverk who build it for the Belgians an the Irish Army. The vehicle served in Congo while the Liberation War (1959/60) on Belgian side and after that the vehicles were left to the new Congolese Army. I don't know whether it served in Swedish Army, too.
But there are three reasons for my special interest in this model: It's a German construction, it was a prototyp for the German BW and it's an UNIMOG!
I could imagine that other German modellers look on this vehicle with the same interest, - an the Belgians and the Irish....

Regards
Heinz
Dateianhänge
unimog-3.jpg
unimog-3.jpg (79.63 KiB) 60112 mal betrachtet
Irishlandsverkunimog.jpg
Irishlandsverkunimog.jpg (72.78 KiB) 60112 mal betrachtet
2uogc4z.jpg
2uogc4z.jpg (51.91 KiB) 60112 mal betrachtet
Ola Ahlström

Got my two SAV 43 painted by my brother, now it´s up to me to build two railroadcars, type Oa, for them....

Bild

Bild

/Ola
Norman Buschmann

Beitrag von Norman Buschmann »

Hello Ola

Now, I got the time to commentate your posts, especially the pictures of your models. I like the Panzer 38(t) very well and got some models for me ... a long time ago ;-) I don´t know, that the swedisch army got them, too. So it´s nice to see them in a very different design. And I like the paintjob. I always count the time from the beginning of a model, till I can "swing" the brushes and airbrush, to get them a "battleworn" look. So, I like the different green tones on your SAV 43. It look´s no to dusty, but enough for my opinion. Your brother dose a superb paintjob, too. So, I hope we´ll see more of your models in the very near future ;-)

So long
Norman
Ola Ahlström

In 1921 Sweden bought ten "tractors" from Germany. It was ten LKII that was modified and shipped to Stockholm. They become Stridsvagn fm/21 (fm = experiment model) and painted in gray. Renamed Strv m/21 three years later. In 1928 they was repainted in camouflage and five of them was modified 1931-1934 and renamed Strv m/21-29. The last five was in service until 1939.

One, Strv m/21(no 10), was shipped back to Germany in 1938 and lost during WW2. Today three exist in Sweden and a fourth in Germany.

Bild

This new kit is made by Modellproduktion and my brother has built three preproduction kits as part of an article in the magazin Soldat&Teknik.

Bild

It´s a model of Strv m/21 and not Strv m/21-29, althou the difference are not that big.

Bild

It did exist a 1/76 scale model of Strv m/21-26, showed on the left in the picture. You can see the differce in size; 1/76 and 1/87.

Bild

Two of the five that was modified into Strrv m/21-29 was shipped by rail to Landskrona in southern Sweden and that made it possible for me to use the model on my model railroad.

/Ola
Alex Hunger

Beitrag von Alex Hunger »

Thanks for the Inspiration on Swedish tanks. I'm more of a 1/72 scale modeler but in the Swedish SIG. After building many aircraft I thought it was sad you could only get the Strv122 Leopard II or the S Tank and decided to do something about it.
I created both the Strv m/41 and the SAV m/43 as a master. They both use the same track unit. I sent the masters into Rebell Hobby in Sweden who was Kind enough to cast them and make them available to the General public. As I'm now also creating a PBV 301, I have the benefit of only building the tracks and wheels once.
Heinz Peters

Ola Ahlström hat geschrieben: Bild
You can see the differce in size; 1/76 and 1/87.
/Ola

Hello Ola,

thanks for your information. This very early tank type model looks really interesting!
Well, I see another difference between the both different scale models: It's the diffent sloping angles of the upper front decks! What's right?

Best regards
heinz
Ola Ahlström

I´m building some railroadtranportwaggons fore Swedish tanks;

Bild

87 railcars was built from mid 1950 in four batches but they are now scrapped.

Bild

I´m at the moment writing a article on military railwaytransportations for a Swedish model railwaymagazin.

/Ola
Jens O. Mehner

Beitrag von Jens O. Mehner »

Hej Ola,

long time no see, but what a worthy resurrection. That is a very impressive flatcar, I did not even know that the SJ had this type (although it would naturally be logical), must have been quite a beast. Thank you very much for showing this very clean piece of work, looking forward to see more of it.

Can you let us know when your article will be published and where? Although I do not read Swedish (barely speak a few words), I have a hunch that the pictures may be very interesting and their language is universal. ;)

Tack och hej då

Jens O.
Neu bei SMT Plus: BW/EDW/NATO/WP- und US-Kanister in vielen Ausführungen, neue cal. 50 und vieles mehr.

Information not shared is information lost.

1/87er, die feinmotorisch flinke Elite des Modellbaus.
Ola Ahlström

Some additional Pictures of the models "Artic Scunk" that I will use to illustrate my article;

Bild
Kp-bil

Bild
Pkv m/43

Bild
Pbv 301

Bild
Maximum load on the Sdu car

More to follow

/Ola
Ola Ahlström

Thanks to the 3D production by Artic Skunk I have more Swedish tanks to be use as load on my railcars;

Bild

Some of them prepared for a cote of primer

Bild

Strv m/40L, Strv m/41, Trbil m/42 KP and Pbv 301.

Bild

Turrets for strv m/40L and Strv m/40

Bild

Maximun load on a Kbs car

Bild

Picture from my Workbench.

/Ola
Jens O. Mehner

Hej Ola,

that Terrängbil m/42 KP has me excited, where can interested parties purchase it? That would be pretty much the last vehicle needed for a Swedish scene in the Congo.

Good to see such a variety of interesting Swedish prototypes available, I wonder what else will follow - so far the surface has just been scratched. ;) Any hope for a Sugga?

Cheers,

Jens O.
Neu bei SMT Plus: BW/EDW/NATO/WP- und US-Kanister in vielen Ausführungen, neue cal. 50 und vieles mehr.

Ola Ahlström

Bild
Artic Skunk
http://www.shapeways.com/shops/arcticsk ... hicles&s=0

Bild

Load on a standard O-car.

/Ola
Heinz Peters

Jens O. Mehner hat geschrieben: Any hope for a Sugga?

A very good question, Jens!

Gruß
Heinz
Ola Ahlström

Sugga? Not what I know.

Took some Pictures that shows the differents in size between Pbv 301 and Pbv 302;

Bild

The Pbv 302 (left) from "Pansarfabriken" and the Pbv 301 (right) from "Artic Skunk", both in 1/87 scale.

Then the differents i size between strv m/37 and Trbil m/42 KP;

Bild

Both models from "Artic Skunk".

/Ola
Jens O. Mehner

Hej Ola,

thanks for the link to Arctic Skunk, now I will have to wait for the next Shapeways 25% and free postage deal. ;)

It is amazing how much of a size difference there is between individual generations of vehicles, while I was able to squeeze into a T-72's commander's hatch (itself not very big), I only was able to get my head and one shoulder through the commander's hatch of a Panzer II - an M113's driver's hatch is very generous in comparison.

Cheers,

Jens O.

Ola Ahlström

The first batch of Pbv 301 ready to be used on my railcars.

Bild

220 was built from surplus strv m/41 amd in service between 1962 and 1973.

Bild

Bild

A 3D-printed model from Artic Skunk. The week (?) point on the model is the 20mm gun barrel. It has a tendens to "bend" and I´m thinking of replace ut with a brass tube.

Bild

Then a picture with some vehicle of the m/43 family, models from different producers. From left to right, Strv m/42 (Modellproduktion) 282 built 1943-45, Strv 74(Modellproduktion) 225 rebuilt from Strv m/42 in 1958 and in service until 1984, Pvkv m/43 (Artic Skunk) 87 built in 1944-48, Pvkv m/43 (Modelproduktion) rebuilt with roof in 1957 and in service until 1970.

Another m/43 vehicle not yet aviable as model are the Bgv m/42. Two "Bergepanzer" built in 1944. In mid fifties one former Strv m/43 was rebuilt into a bridgelayers but the project was scraped.

Bild

Strv m/43 and Strv 74. Note that "m/43" means "model/1943" and "74" means "fourth (version) tank with 7cm gun".

Bild

Pvkv m/43 without and with roof.

Bild

The week spot on the 3D-printed PvKV m/43 is the gun barrel. I broke it whn traing to level it out.

Bild
This is the first version from Artic Skunk. There is a new version now and I hope it has been corrected and the sides of the "gunroom" have a more correct angel.

Bild

I also hope that the deck over the enginroom are more correkt.

/Ola
Ola Ahlström

Some yars ago I built two WW2 railwaggons with AA-guns. They where 1/87 scale railwaymodels with 1/72 scale guns as the guns at the time wasn´t avaiable in 1/87 scale.

Bild

One out of 50 cars, each with two Bofors 20mm AA-guns.

Bild

The cars where used in service by the Swedish state Railways (of type Ibr) and the guns where stored and ready for use in wartime.

Bild

Thera where also five cars with Twin Bofors 40mm guns (m/40-36) and later ten rebuilt cars (typ O). These cars were stored ready to be used in wartime.

Bild

Additional AA-capacity in wartime was supposed to be the from the tranported units.

Now it´s possible to build a more correct car thanks to 3D-printing from Shapeways;

Bild

An comming project fore 2017?

/Ola
Antworten